Mighty Michigan Bulldogges
SALES CONTRACT & GUARANTEE
City: __________________________ State: _________ Zip Code: _____________
Phone: _________________ Cell: _______________ Work:___________________
Nickname of Puppy: _______________________________ Sex: Male _______ Female ________
Date of Birth: _________________________________ Age of Puppy at time of sale ________
Dam: _____________________________ Sire: ______________________________
Date of Sale: ____________________ Purchase Price: $ _____________________________
Does this owner have breeding rights on this male/female (puppy/dog) at the time of sale?
Yes __________ or No ____________
Be aware that this contract is for the above stated owner and puppy; it is not transferable.
Mighty Michigan Bulldogges guarantees that the puppy sold is in good physical health on the date of purchase. When you receive your puppy, it will have received first shots, been de-wormed, microchipped, and vet checked. The puppies will also have his/her tails docked.
Deposits, Payments, and Shipping
- Puppies are reserved and held with a $400.00 non-refundable deposit. Deposits/payments must be paid either with cash, U.S. Postal Service Money Order, Money Gram from Wal-Mart, Paypal (If Paypal is used, please add 3% to cover their fee), or Venmo. The remaining balance is due when the puppy is six weeks old unless otherwise written. Puppies are reserved on a first come first deposit received basis and are considered sold when deposit is received.
- Mighty Michigan Bulldogges transports our own puppies by ground for an agreed price.
- Puppies that are transported are at risk for Coccidia, Kennel cough, and Girardia, which is common when dogs are transported. Other reasons these illnesses may transpire are by a new home, new food, new people, change of climate and surroundings, etc. Full recovery is expected and not life threatening. Mighty Michigan Bulldogges will not cover the treatment if any of these situations should arise.
- Buyer will pick up puppy by the time it is eight weeks old, or the puppy will be transported by the time it is eight weeks old. If 5 days go by with no attempt to make pick up arrangements, the buyer will forfeit the puppy, deposits, and payments made on puppy, unless other arrangements have been made with Mighty Michigan Bulldogges.
- If the puppy or adult dog is ever to be returned to Mighty Michigan Bulldogges for any reason, all shipping charges are the buyer’s responsibility, including forfeiture of the shipping crate.
- The purchaser agrees to take this puppy to a licensed veterinarian of their choice within 72 hours for a health check. Mighty Michigan Bulldogges should be informed immediately of the examination by mailing a signed statement stating the puppy/dog’s health and condition. Should the vet determine the dog to be unfit for purchase due to illness, disease, or congenital disorder, which the cause is clearly attributable to the seller, the buyer may return the puppy within 5 days to the seller at the buyer’s expense with the written diagnosis from the vet. The seller will replace the puppy with another puppy of comparable quality when available from the same litter if available or an upcoming litter. However, the specific puppy to be used as the replacement puppy will be chosen by Mighty Michigan Bulldogges, not the buyer. There is no replacement for Parvo. No monies will be refunded nor will the seller be held accountable for any vet bills. If puppy is not examined by a veterinarian within 72 hours after receival, all guarantees listed are not valid. Note: The seller reserves the right to return a cash refund instead of replacement should the seller decide that sending another puppy is not the best option.
- If the puppy is examined by two licensed veterinarians within the first 24 months of its life and found to have an untreatable genetic or congenital defect causing death or impairment of the vital functions of the puppy, the buyer has the option of returning the puppy for a replacement. Mighty Michigan Bulldogges will replace the puppy with another puppy of equal value at our first opportunity provided the condition below is met and kept by the buyer. Any illnesses, conditions or defects caused by buyer’s neglect, abuse or mishandling are NOT covered by this health guarantee and a replacement puppy will not be given to the buyer. If the puppy is used in any form of illegal activity (i.e. Dog Fighting) or any extreme sports (i.e. weight pulling), or has been bred without documented breeding rights, this guarantee is null and void. Puppies/Dogs should not be over-fed and become obese as this will affect the their development, as well as being over-exercised before 18 months of age. We highly stress NO PUPPY FOOD to prevent the puppy from growing too quickly resulting in possible future joint and ligament injuries, including hip dysplasia. Walks should be consistent in frequency, with gradual build up. Should the owner decide not to follow these instructions, and the problem be deemed environmental, Mighty Michigan’s guarantee will become null and void. Under no condition will we give a cash refund.
- Breeding for health is one of our top priorities; however, we do not cover mange/demodex, entropian, distichiasis, or cherry eye.
- Mighty Michigan Bulldogges acknowledges the puppy to be of sound and stable temperament at the time of purchase as described in the BBA and IOEBA standard for Olde English Bulldogges. Should the buyer question the temperament of the puppy, the buyer must notify the seller within 48 hours. After the selling and transferring ownership of the puppy has been made, training and behavior of the dog/puppy becomes the responsibility of the owner. Mighty Michigan Bulldogges is not responsible for any animal or person bitten or hurt by your puppy/dog.
- The buyer agrees to use at all times the kennel name Mighty Michigan Bulldogges as the kennel prefix in the registered name as well as said dog’s name in any advertisement of this dog, whether in print or photo publication.
- The buyer agrees to provide the puppy/dog a safe environment. This includes maintaining up to date vaccines, de-wormer, and to keep the puppy/dog in good condition, which includes proper weight, food, water, and shelter.
- The buyer agrees to periodically send pictures of the puppy/dog for a minimum of 36 months of age so the breeder can further assess the breeding results.
- The buyer agrees to keep Mighty Michigan Bulldogges informed about any achievements, medical, or behavioral problems experienced throughout its life.
- No Mighty Michigan Olde will be left tied outside for extended periods of time. We recommend a dog run or a fenced yard to allow for playtime. Also, we stress when left inside, a wire crate be used for most of the first year of the puppy’s life, or longer if any destructive behaviors are present after this time.
- If the new owner has never owned a dog before, the buyer will attend at least one Puppy Obedience Class to learn about training.
- If puppy/dog has been sold as a pet, it must NOT BE BRED, and must be neutered/spayed by 36 months of age and not before 12 months, and a copy of the certificate sent to the breeder in a timely fashion.
- To be eligible for Mighty Michigan’s two year health guarantee, the buyer agrees to feed pawTree dog food (https://pawtree.com/mmb) in the event of a puppy replacement. We highly recommend using Gastro Pro Plus in conjunction. Should the owner decide not to follow these instructions, Mighty Michigan’s guarantee will become null and void. https://pawtree.com/mmb
In the Best Interest of the Animal
- If “No” is checked at the top of the first page, proof of spay or neuter is expected to be sent to Mighty Michigan Bulldogges by no later than 36 months of age. Failure to have the animal spayed or neutered will result in the animal being repossessed, without court order, along with any/all of the animal’s offspring if a litter was produced without rights.
- If “Yes” is checked at the top of the first page, it is agreed that the breedable dog will NOT be sold into other breedable programs in the future, will be spayed or neutered, and placed in a forever home.
- Mighty Michigan Bulldogges reserves the right to repossess, without court order, any puppy/dog at any given time if we feel the dog is being neglected or in a situation that is unfit for the dog. Mighty Michigan Bulldogges will reserve the right to either keep the puppy/dog in our custody until unfit situation is resolved, take back full ownership of puppy/dog (along with registrations papers if given), or find an appropriate home for the puppy/dog.
- The intent of this undertaking of raising a puppy is permanent. However, if the undertaking should fail for any reason, the buyer will immediately notify Mighty Michigan Bulldogges. NO REFUND OR REPLACEMENT WILL BE GIVEN. The puppy/dog MUST be returned to Mighty Michigan Bulldogges and under NO circumstances shall the buyer place the puppy/dog with an animal pound, animal control, animal shelter, pet shop, or private party. Under NO circumstances shall the buyer sell the puppy/dog to another individual or on the internet.
- Should the buyer not comply with #1, #2, #3, and/or #4, the buyer agrees to provide full disclosure regarding the whereabouts of the animal. The buyer further agrees to pay Mighty Michigan Bulldogges FIVE (5) TIMES the original amount of the sale price plus additional fees such as puppy sales if the buyer did not have breeding rights stated above.
- The buyer agrees to notify Mighty Michigan Bulldogges of any change of address, telephone numbers or email address within one week of such changes. Failure to do so will result in possession of the puppy/dog without court order.
- The buyer understands that the puppy/dog may NOT be euthanized without contacting Mighty Michigan Bulldogges prior to euthanizing the animal and has the right to a second opinion before euthanizing.
- In the event of a separation or divorce, this contract is non-transferable and pertains to only the buyer(s) who signed the contract in the presence of Don and/or Amy Barton of Mighty Michigan Bulldogges.
The buyer and seller agree that this is the full and complete agreement that exists between the parties for the sale of this puppy/dog. Any agreements made prior to this are considered incorporated herein and any modifications made to this agreement shall be made in writing or such shall not be effective. Mighty Michigan Bulldogges reserves the right to terminate this contract and refuse sale to any party who does not put the interest of the puppy/dog first.
I HAVE READ AND FULLY UNDERSTAND THIS AGREEMENT:
Signature of Buyer: ____________________________________________
Signature of Breeder: ___________________________________________